Accomplished New York City Birth Injury Attorneys
“Birth injury” is the term used to distinguish an unavoidable birth defect from an avoidable birth injury. Birth injury occurs when an infant suffers serious injury due to the negligence or malpractice of the OB/GYN doctor, nurse or midwife attending the birth.
As medical malpractice attorneys, our job is to turn a parent’s outrage into a jury verdict or financial settlement. We fully recognize that money can never compensate parents for the trauma of knowing that — but for an error by a doctor or other medical professional — their child would have been born without injury. However, full and complete financial compensation after serious mistakes in the delivery room can go a long way towards answering the natural questions every parent has upon being informed that their child has suffered a birth injury:
- How will I pay for my child’s special medical care?
- How will I pay for my child’s special educational needs and medical equipment?
- If my child needs a medical assistant, how will I pay those wages?
All of these expenses — and more — are compensable in a medical malpractice lawsuit based on an avoidable birth injury.
Successful Medical Malpractice Attorneys in New York City
At WeitzPascale, our practice focuses exclusively on representing plaintiffs in personal injury lawsuits, including medical malpractice and birth injury cases. Our attorneys have decades of confirmed success fighting for multimillion-dollar verdicts on behalf of children with birth injuries.
- $42.96 million verdict against Beth Israel Medical Center and other defendants based on negligent pre-term delivery in which respiratory distress syndrome caused spastic diplegia and infant brain damage
- $4 million settlement with Good Samaritan Hospital and other defendants after we presented our evidence at trial, on behalf of a child who suffered hypoxia due to failure to diagnose a prolapsed umbilical cord
- $4.77 million dollar verdict against Coney Island Hospital and other defendants after failure to perform a Caesarean section and other errors resulted in profound brain damage
Learn More About Our Law Firm and About Birth Injury Lawsuits
To schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers, call 212-553-9300 or 212-553-9300, or send us an e-mail.
Se habla español